A State Presidential Primary Election will take place on Tuesday, March 5, 2024 in which voters will have an opportunity to vote on who will be placed on the ballot in November for President.
You can request an absentee ballot by clicking HERE. Your ballot will be mailed to you once the Town receives them in early February.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
|February 4, 2024
|Anticipated date on which absentee ballots will become available.
|February 13, 2024
|Last day for the Town Clerk's Office to receive voter registration applications by mail.
|February 14, 2024
|Closed period begins. All voter registration applications must be submitted in person.
|February 15, 2024
|Last day to change political parties prior to the primary.
|February 29, 2024
|Last day for absentee voting.
|March 5, 2024
|Election Day. Polls open from 7am - 8pm.
IMPORTANT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
- Effective January 1, 2024, Maine will be transitioning from a closed primary system to a semi-open primary. Unenrolled voters will now be able to participate in primaries including the March 5, 2024 Presidential Primary and the June 11, 2024 State Primary.
- Unenrolled Voters, voters who are not enrolled in a party, may choose to vote in one party’s primary.
- Voters enrolled in a party Democrat or Republican- may only vote in that party’s primary.
- The Democratic and Republican parties are the only parties that will hold primaries on March 5th.
- The Green Independent, No Labels, Forward, People’s and Libertarian Parties will not be participating.
Helpful Website Links & FAQs
- How do I register to vote?
- When do polls open and close on Election Day? Poll places open at 7am and close at 8pm.
- Where do I vote?
- Ballot Information:
- Which voting district am I in?
Absentee ballot requests are now available. You can request an absentee ballot by calling the Clerks office or by clicking HERE. Ballots will be mailed out the first week of February once the Town Clerk's Office receives them.
The last day to obtain an absentee ballot will be Thursday, February 29th at 5pm.
To be counted, absentee ballots must be returned to the Town Clerk's Office by 8pm on Election Day - March 5, 2024 by you or an immediate family member.