We love the dogs of Gorham! They bring immeasurable health benefits to their families and owners, including reducing stress, and serving as fun and loving companions. Folks can return the love and take care of their dogs through annual dog licensing, which ensures that they receive their rabies vaccination, safeguarding their health. Licensing also directly helps fight animal cruelty and abuse, with 90% of dog license fees going directly to the Maine Animal Welfare Program.
The Town of Gorham makes renewing your pet's license easy through two options:
- Renew online by clicking here.
- Visit the Town Clerk's Office (75 South Street) during the regular business hours of Monday through Wednesday between 8am and 4pm, 8am to 6:30pm on Thursdays, and between 8am and 1pm on Fridays.
- Licenses may be renewed online through January 31st of each year as long as they are not late.
- All dogs ages 6 months and older are required by State Law to be licensed by December 31st of each year. A $25.00 late fee will be due for any dog licensed after January 31st, per state law.
- A current rabies vaccination certificate and proof of spaying or neutering, if applicable, is required to license a dog.
- To access a breakdown of licensing fees, please click here.
- The Animal Control Officer will be notified of all unlicensed dogs and owners could be fined for keeping an unlicensed dog.
- To be added to an e-mail reminder list for licensing renewal, please call the Town Clerk's Office with your name, home address, and e-mail address.
Please call the Town Clerk's office at (207) 222-1670 if you have any questions.